Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Polymer Clay Necklaces

To go with my niece's beanie's 
that I made them for Christmas
I wanted to make them necklaces with polymer clay.

There are numerous websites and you tube videos
of how to use polymer clay
and these necklaces were the very first things
I made with the clay, to see how they would turn out.


This blue necklace is for Isabella to match her Elsa/Frozen inspired beanie.
Using only blue and white I could get 3 colours 
(I could get many more variations of blue by mixing more or less white, but I only wanted 5 beads)


The pink necklace is for Scarlett
and I have used only Pink and White again to get 
the 3 colours


In this close up you can see the imperfect bead shapes
and even my fingerprints on the beads.

I will be buying some additional materials
to assist me with making perfectly shaped beads
without fingerprints as I have fallen in love with polymer clay
and have so many ideas in my head.


On you tube, I found a video for a sliding knot and used this
to close the necklaces as I didn't want traditional clasps
and the waxed cotton wouldn't hold a simple knot.

The sliding knot allows the necklace to be as loose or as tight
as the girls like it to be.
I used Fabric Wash and Wear Glue to strengthen the knots too.

No comments:

Post a Comment